Monday, March 9, 2009

Survivors -


(sick girls - after surgery)

After leaving work at about 4pm on Friday - I was on my way to pick up my girls from the doctor, I knew I was in for a long weekend of playing nurse to them and giving out lots of snuggles, which I was looking forward too. Jeff and I had NO plans on Friday but to stay home and cater to them....and when I got to the vet, I knew it was going to be a LOONNG night. I walked in and talked to the receptionist who gave me all the medicines, and instructions needed and of course the bill - as soon as all the paperwork was done I heard one of the vet techs approaching from behind me saying "come on mommy's out here" with that I turned around and saw our baby (Lilly) out front on the leash, she saw me and that tiny piglet tail started to wiggle, she gave me those big eyes that said "finally mom your here, i'm soo happy to see you".....I knelt down and loved her up - she was pretty groggy but a happy girl, like my normal Lilly-Lulah - behind the tech was Ms. Lulabelle aka Drama Queen, taking her good ol' time in moving cuz she was utterly disgusted - I said "come on sweetie, lets go home and see daddy" with that she glared at me, walked right passed me and stared at the door, with the expression "take me home, you mean nasty mom"! It was apparent that Lulu was not happy with me at all - I was of course the one who dropped them off and picked them up and ruined her life on Friday - and she remembered it all !! We got home; Lulu jumped on the sofa and curled up on the one end alone, didn't want to be anywhere near me.......shaking, so I covered her up - she slept ... My Lilly girl curled up with me and napped. It was a very quiet Friday - UNTIL Daddy came home, Ms. Lulu was THRILLED to see her father, because he is Jesus in her mind - she went right over to him, cuddled up on him, "save me daddy from that nasty mother i have" .... which Jeff loved every second of that attention totally ate it up ! I proceeded to get the EVIL eye from Lulu all evening....Lucky ME ! At least I had my Lilly baby on my side.

The girls slept all night - ALL night -
and woke up on Saturday in much better spirits, Lulu got over her little attitude problem and was back to being a queen - and Lilly was back to being her cute little self too. They were slow moving on Sat. but alls well ! They had a special visit from Grandmom that just made there afternoon - plus the weather was fantastic; so they got alot of time exploring outside....All in all it was a good weekend, they are healing nicely and are pretty much back to normal - w/the exception of the slight limp to Lilly's walk - we are looking good ! Back to the doc. on the 18th to get our stitches out - which I'm sure Lulu will bitch about but what else is new....
You gotta love it !

(Lilly and Queen Lulu outside on Saturday)


2 comments:

  1. I, the Mimi, and apparently fabulous broad have been thinking about the girlies tons. Wondering if Lilly's ears have gotten as dark as they look in pictures.... I loved her light ears!

    I had a slight revelation, as well. Lulabelle is definitely her father's daughter..... BUT... her mother is the one who cops an attitude. Just everything T`ai does is "dainty", where as Mingy is a "meathead".

    So, I also needed to point out that there was this whole scenario of this "Pushy Sarah Broad".... whom I asked if she would consider meeting Tallulah if it didn't work out... and she had a meeting set up before I could get a word in on the matter! and she even quoted me and pulled out the " Now Susan, I distinctly remember you telling me.....". At the risk of anyone reading this who has one of the girls... I was keeping BOTH those girls for a period of time. They were my favorite two.... Mingy Junior and the Runt Runt :-) Oh, and I don't know if I explained it wrong.... Lulu got pneumonia when she was a month old and I took her to the vet the following day.... it was just my excuse to not sell her. She was strong and pushy from the get go!!!!!

    I'm so happy you turned out to be my pug momma doppleganger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, okay, so I'm the pushy one...fine !! :) I knew she had pneumonia, just couldn't remember how/when...your a great Mimi !! and Momma....and I can't wait to go thru the birthing exp. in the fall ... and possible "steal" another ... hahaha !!

    ReplyDelete

 

LilleLuBella | creative commons attribution- noncommercial license | blog designed by ljkc.