Wednesday, March 25, 2009

32 years ago....

My mother did a wonderful thing - she had me !! :) Good Job Mom !

Yup, today is my Birthday !! I love birthdays - I mean getting older its inevitable - gonna happen whether we like it or not - so why not enjoy it and do it up right ? It's like a holiday in your own honor - how cool ! Most of my birthdays encompass a whole week of things - (just ask my husband) It starts the day of my birthday and runs to the following week. For the past two years I've been spoiled by celebrating my b-day in New York - on my 30th Jeff took me to Times Square for dinner with two very close friends and we stayed at the Waldorf Astoria overnight and enjoyed a lavash brunch the very next morning - that was awesome !! Last year Jeff took me to New York again and we enjoyed a broadway show and then met up with his cousin Laura and husband Matt for a marvelous dinner in there hometown, Brooklyn. It's becoming a tradition to spend my favorite day in NYC !
And of course a good birthday means having great food (can u tell)- the way to my heart !

This year however, I'm not in the B-day mood - I'm trying !! I really am ! Kinda a crazy week for us with Lilly having surgery - my parents are in Florida so I'm house and pet sitting for them - my sister is leaving for California today - not the norm. just sorta ho-hum about it.

So to get myself out of this funk and in the spirit - I took off on Friday - not only to spend sometime w/Lilly but I am going to have lunch and then a champagne pedicure with my good friend Nicole - best part about this is that my boys at work just surprised me with a gift cert. to the spa which I already planned to go to on Friday - hell yea !
As you can tell I'm getting in the spirit, just off to a slow start !
Best Present = Lilly coming home later this afternoon YAAYYY!!
have a great March 25th !! happy birthday to me !
xoxo



1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday! Enjoy yourself and enjoy having Lilly back home!
    Pug hugs and kisses!
    The Pug Posse

    ReplyDelete

 

LilleLuBella | creative commons attribution- noncommercial license | blog designed by ljkc.