Sunday, February 22, 2009

To Grandma's house we go....

Everyone seemed to hear my prayers and I got that sleep-in-day I was in desperate need of - yeah ! With not much going on for Saturday - I ended up cleaning the house - doing laundry and running to the store - fun wife stuff ! Jeff and I had a dinner to attend on Sat. night and Lulu was still not, in my opinion 100% - of course in steps Grandmom Myers....who I've managed to turn into a Pug freak - much like myself ! After telling my mom that we were going out for the night and the girls were going to be home alone for a couple hours - I immediatly got "OH NO THEY ARE NOT" ... Bring them here! And so I did; my mom is not only now a pug freak but she has always been an animal lover, esp. dogs (probably where I get it from) Don't think she ever thought her grandkids were going to be snorty and furry, but only my mom would LOVE every second of that; and boy does she know how to spoil her grandkids ! My mom now has a lab/dane mix - Mr. Digger Dog - Dig was once ours - we got Diggy as a puppy (because Jeff seemed to think that he needed a manly dog to drive in the truck w/him - Dig throws up in any vehicle) anyway we raised him for a year, until Dig decided to eat our recliner, our sectional sofa, 1/2 of the back porch - and shred numerous blankets.....I was at my wits end with him, I loved him so, but it was not working out - and my mom had recently lost her beloved Polar Bear suddenly (very similar to Bella's passing) Diggy was adopted by Grandmom for good, and did he ever make out - going from a good home with us to the friggin Taj Mahal with my mom. Dig has turned out to be a great dog - but ultimately needed one on one attention, it really was a great match for my mom and for Digger. Best present I've ever given her !!
Digger
The girls think that Diggy is a big stuffed animal and literally bite, lick, jump, hump whatever they desire to do to him for hours. Dig is the best babysitter EVER, tolerating all of it ! He also kinda thinks that he is pug sized, and trys to sit on your lap and hug you (mind u he is 80 +lbs). Dig was also raised with Bella - so he has alot of pug traits....and is just so in love with Lilly and
Lulu - couldn't be more of a perfect match if I tried !
The girls loved there visit, so did Dig although grandma was a little tired....5am wake up call ... I was lucky enough to get a second day of sleeping in...woo hoo .... and on Sunday we got this for most of the day.


Love that !!




Lilly & Lulabelle


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

LilleLuBella | creative commons attribution- noncommercial license | blog designed by ljkc.